- Reducing your appetite, making you feel more full so that you eat fewer calories
- Reducing your absorption of nutrients like fat, making you take in fewer calories
- Increasing fat burning, making you burn more calories
- Caffeine. Research has shown that this ingredient can boost your metabolism by up to 16% over one to two hours. Perfect just before a workout! In addition, studies have shown that it can also help your body burn fat as fuel.
- Yohimbine. This natural ingredient is located in the bark of Pausinystalia yohimbe tree, found in central and West Africa. It works by blocking receptors in the body that slow down fat loss, thus promoting fat burning quicker. It's renowned for targeting stubborn 'fat' areas on your body that won't seem to disappear.
- Green Tea Extract. Green tea is rich in lots of antioxidants that increase the norepinephrine hormone in the body. This hormone is used by the nervous system to signal fat cells to break down fat. When taken regularly the natural ingredient can contribute to fat loss by also boosting the bodies metabolic rate.
- Soluble Fibre. Studies (2) (3) have shown that this ingredient can aid with fat loss by reducing your appetite. The reason for this is because evidence shows soluble fibre increases the levels of fullness hormones in our body when taken regularly.
A 2014 study revealed that even prescription weight loss pills often don't work as well as you expect. That's not to say, however, that they have no effect on weight loss. Studies show on average, you can expect to lose between 3-9% of body weight when using weight loss pills in comparison to a dummy pill. Please be aware that, these findings are only valid when a person sticks to a healthy diet and an exercise program. They are ineffective on their own, and hardly a solution to obesity.
In a nutshell, diet pills can be used to achieve significant weight loss when a person follows a healthy diet and gets plenty of exercise. Diet pills can cause side effects so it's always good to do a bit of research or check with your doctor before you start taking them. You should never take diet pills permanently. Once the weight loss has been achived it's best to maintain your healthy weight by keeping to an exercise routine and maninting a healthy diet.