This article looks at how to cure bad breath at home.
Bad breath or halitosis for all you medical folk is a very common problem that is estimated to affect as many as 1 in 4 people globally. Many people who have suffered from the problem report experiencing psychological distress when first learning of their condition. Nevertheless, there are options out there that can be taken to eradicate the problem. This article looks at how to cure halitosis naturally and answers the commonly posed question of how can I permanently get rid of bad breath.
What causes a person to have bad breath?
There are a number of reasons why an individual could be suffering from bad breath. These include:
- Medical Conditions – conditions such as respiratory infections, chronic sinusitis, postnasal drip, chronic bronchitis, diabetes, gastrointestinal disturbances or liver, and kidney problems can cause bad breath problems.
- Food – Food that contains strong aromatic flavors like onions and garlic can collect on and between the teeth causing bacteria that produce strong odors.
- Poor Dental Hygiene (Gum Disease) – Remove plaque, which contains bacteria, from your teeth, gums, and tongue every day. Cavities and gingivitis can also cause bad breath.
- Tobacco – Smoking can cause chronic bad breath when tar and nicotine build up.
- Sinus infections/allergies Odour caused by bacteria are attracted to the proteins in mucus and phlegm. When a person has a sinus infection or allergy your sinuses will produce more mucus. As the extra mucous increases and trickles down the back of your throat, you’ll notice your breath smells worse than normal.
How to cure halitosis naturally
So what can be done to eradicate bad breath? Below we’ve provided a list of options out there today for tackling bad breath as well as providing some natural halitosis remedies.
Drink plenty of water
Having dry mouth is one of the most common causes of bad breath. When the mouth isn’t producing enough saliva, it can’t wash away food debris which in turn leads to halitosis.
Be mindful of what you eat
As we mentioned above certain foods can lead to bad breath. Try to avoid foods such as garlic and onions. These foods leave odors that can be difficult to get rid of even after brushing
Be strict on your oral hygiene
Bacteria in dental plaque is one of the leading causes of bad breath. You need to make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day. Whenever possible introduce flossing to your dental regime. You can quickly floss at work in the toilet or at home in between meals. It can make all the difference. When brushing your teeth never forget to brush your tongue.
Use anti-bacterial mouthwash
If you experience constant bad breath, make sure you rinse with an anti-bacterial mouthwash after brushing at least twice a day. A good mouthwash will help eliminate bad odor-causing germs and the bad breath that results.
Get a check-up from your dentist for gum disease
One of the leading causes of bad breath is gum disease–bacteria accumulation in your mouth that builds up in your teeth. A quick trip the dentist will determine whether you are suffering from gum disease.
We’ve already addressed the effects of smoking on bad breath above. When you want to look at how to cure halitosis naturally one of the first things you need to do is quit smoking. Smoking can leave teeth coated with a thick layer of tartar, while the habit increases the risk of red, puffy gums. All of these factors can cause bad breath.
Alternative Options/How to cure bad breath at home
For individuals that have tried all of the options outlined above and are still suffering from bad breath, you may benefit from trying the Bad Breath Free Forever Program. This program was created by a long term halitosis sufferer who through extensive research, learned how to cure halitosis naturally. The complete guide contains a list of natural halitosis remedies and details everything you need to know about bad breath (halitosis). You will learn about the origins of the condition, as well as the causes and all the bad habits that are stopping you from figuring out the common questions asked of how can I permanently get rid of bad breath.
We hope that the above article has provided you with some help with natural halitosis remedies and provided details of how to cure halitosis naturally as well as how to cure bad breath at home. If you have any questions or require any further help on how can I permanently get rid of bad breath please leave a comment in the comment section below and we will endeavor to respond to you.